What is a Certified Arborist?
Arborists specialize in the care of individual trees. They are knowledgeable about the needs of trees, and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
Learn more about why you should hire an arborist.
An arborist by definition is an individual who is trained in the art and science of planting, caring for, and maintaining individual trees. ISA arborist certification is a nongovernmental, voluntary process by which individuals can document their base of knowledge. Certified Arborists are individuals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care.
Services an Arborist can Provide
- Pruning. An arborist can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees.
- Tree Removal. Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed.
- Emergency Tree Care. An arborist can assist in performing emergency tree care in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
- Planting. Some arborists plant trees, and most can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location.
- Plant Health Care. Preventive maintenance helps keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problems.
- Many other services. Consulting services, tree risk assessment, cabling and bracing trees, etc.
Learn more about hiring a Certified Arborist.
Our Certified Arborists
To view a list of our Certified Arborists, click here!
Please call the office of All About Trees at (417) 863-6214 or fill out a contact request form to schedule an appointment for an estimate.
Home. (n.d.). Retrieved October 5, 2018, from https://www.treesaregood.org/treeowner/whyhireanarborist